Board Meeting Apr 11, 2018 06:30 pm

Location: WestWoods Community Police Station

 Location
WestWoods Community Police Station


6644 Kendrick Drive
Arvada, CO 80007
 Directions

I-70 West to Ward. Ward north to 64th Ave, 64th Ave West to McIntrye/Kendrick Dr. North on Kendrick to the police station.

 Agenda
  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn
 Minutes
Called to order - 6:31

Attendance
Board Members - Ray Woodruff, Kyle Harrigan, Tashi TWJ, Dave Straight, Geoff Hungerford, Matthew Morrison, Jeremy Nichols and Jay Burghardt
Club Members - Eric Svee, David Healy

March Minutes - Voted on and approved

Member comments
Dave Healy spoke up saying he had recently moved from Florida and offered his assistance to the Club. He offered to help with fundraising and things that his previous club has done. He also offered the club information on running club leagues and presented the board with several handouts to help understand his points. He mentioned that his club had a "club membership fee" as well as a fee to purchase a tag. He mentioned that his old club offered its club members first chance at Club sponsored tournaments, to those who purchased both the club membership and club tag. His club was offering those at $20 for club membership and another $25 for a tag. Eric Svee thought that charging people $45 for the combo, might bring some concern, that if you can’t afford the $45 cost to join the club/tag, that you would not be able to get into any of the Club events, as the board acknowledged, that our tourneys can sell out quickly, and the people that can afford it, would always get in. The Board thanked Dave for his interest.

Eric Svee offered to the board, lots of old discs that he has pulled from lakes and streams over the years. He said that he calls people up who have numbers on them, but the ones that don't, the club might be able to use for kids events or city events, where they need used discs. The Board thanked him for the offer and will keep him in mind.  

Financials - Tashi sent out her spread sheet on April's financials. She spoke about using QuickBooks for the club's finances and she says it works really well and now has a big task ahead of her in rearranging previous year's paperwork to get ready for the books to be looked over by an accountant. A comment was brought up about High Plains Challenge not being set up through our website this year. That was confirmed and it was using Disc Golf Scene for this year’s registration.
Financials were voted on an approved

Website update - Geoff spoke of trying to get programs to change the face of the website, but said he has not had any luck. Ray commented that we might need to find someone to revamp the website. Jay just asked for the fundraiser thermometer to be removed, it was not being used anymore and might give off bad information as to our fundraising goals. Geoff said he will look into that.

Membership update - 291
Jamie was not present, so Kyle chipped in with encouraging words about the tag matches going well, and the tag selling should be ramping up with the warmer weather. He was very pleased with this year’s total to date.

Tourney updates -
Past
Winter Fling - Kyle briefly spoke a successful event and how it raised nearly $1,200 dollars towards the Spring Fling

Current
Match Plan - Geoff spoke about State wide match play events going on. He said there were 10 going on in different areas of the state

Women's Global - Ray spoke about this and let the board know he was close to ordering the tourney merchandise.

Spring Fling - Kyle said that the TD reports have been shown to the treasurer. Everything is coming along fine. He said he lowered the entry fee for some lower divisions to encourage signups for lower divisions, but that will mean less they will get in their players pack. Kyle said he will have the courses marked up on Friday, before the event.  

HPC - High Plains Challenge is coming along find. Always looking for volunteers

Mile High Appreciation Day - Dave spoke of this, and said he is planning on it being at the Denver Beer Company - There is no set date, as he is still trying to put it all together. Thinking of a weeknight, probably Wednesday, with a time frame for 6 -9p. Hopes to know more by next meeting.

Grudge Match - May 20th. It was decided to run this year’s event to raise money for the club, to help meet its upcoming expected expenditures. They figure the event should be over about 2ish if all goes as planned.

Course issues - Eric asked who he might contact about wanting to get some netting to put around some of the trees at VG to protect them. He was pointed in Jamie's direction, as Jamie has dealt with the city of Greenwood Village before.

New Business - Jeremy has some insurance examples he thinks the board might be interested in. Ray requested he send that out in email to the board members so everyone can take a look at it, at their own pace if they choose.

Meeting adjourned - 7:38