Board Meeting May 08, 2019 06:30 pm

Location: WestWoods Community Police Station

 Location
WestWoods Community Police Station


6644 Kendrick Drive
Arvada, CO 80007
 Directions

I-70 West to Ward. Ward north to 64th Ave, 64th Ave West to McIntrye/Kendrick Dr. North on Kendrick to the police station.

 Agenda
  • call meeting to order
  • approve past minutes
  • any member comments/discussion
  • financial report
  • website update
  • membership update
  • tag matches
  • tournament updates
  • other events
  • course issues
  • new business
  • adjourn
 Minutes

Mile High Board Meeting



5/8/19



Board Members in Attendance: Lauren Johnson, Jamie Simino,
Ray Woodruff, Dave Straight, Erikah Weir & Andrea Eaton.



Members in Attendance: Callum Dorey, Adam White & Brian
Faulkner.



Meeting is called to order at 6:33 PM.



We do not have enough for a quorum tonight. We will be
discussing items at hand but no voting will take place.



Any members have new business? Not at this time. We will
chat about the website in a bit.



Notes from the April Meeting. They have been reviewed but we
will vote on them via email. Erikah will post the previously approved notes on
the MHDGC Facebook Page. She will turn off the commenting feature so we don’t
have an open forum on Facebook. We would like to post the meeting notes to
communicate to our club members, since the website is having technical issues.



Financials:



We do not have the updated financials and we do not have a
quorum. Therefore, we will not be discussing about financials.



Website Update:



Ray let the group know that the website is not functioning
and has not been for a while. Brian is present and expressed interest in
maintaining our website. He does not want to change anything but would like to
keep it updated. At this point, we have some members that look to our Facebook
page for information and others that look to the website. It would be great to
have a consistent message for all parties involved. Ray would like to set-up a
conference call or meeting with Brian & Kyle. They will take that conversation
offline and then ensure that Brian would be able to maintain the website.
Brian’s schedule is a bit tight but would be interested in helping in the
background but likely couldn’t commit to meetings.



In addition, he works closely with the Boy Scouts and has
lots of Scouts who are looking for service projects. Ray relayed the message
that John Bird at Bird’s Nest might be a good person to connect with for these
types of projects.



Tags:



We are currently at 356 tags being sold as of May 8, 2019. Jamie
gave $640 to deposit from the sales of tags. Tag matches are in full swing.
Unfortunately, the person who was going to run Westminster will not be able to
do that due to his work schedule. There has not been a huge request for that
course to host a match but there was a loyal following when it did exist. At
this point, he will let that ride until someone is able to step up to host.



Ray asked how tags are holding up. Jamie let us know that
some are chipped but he does have 6 fully broken tags to be sent to Pyrohyzer
for replacement. Five months in, Jamie is happy with how the tags have been
holding up, is proud of the design and to the commitment of working with a
local company to support their business. All 600 tags are distributed to the
tag masters and are available for purchase. He is hoping to reach at least the
550 mark, if not the full 600. Hoping to see an increase in sales as the
weather warms up and people start coming out to tag matches.



Tag matches are going well. No issues and no problems to
report. Looking forward to the rest of the season.



Tournament &
Event Updates
:



Adam White was present and started chatting about the Ice
Bowl for 2020. The basket has been ordered and will be shipped to his house and
will say 2020! He is going to start to taking donations for the raffle as soon
as this week and plans to post on the Facebook Tag Master Forum and the MHDGC
page. He wants to get it started sooner rather than later to make the raffle
bigger and better for this year. Erikah volunteered to share Adam’s posts to
the Mile High Melons & Boulder Ladies Tags’ Facebook pages.



Spring Fling at the end of May. All is well and things are
looking good for Bird’s Nest.



In June, we are sponsoring & supporting High Plains
Challenge. Volunteer event will be on June 8, 2019 at Bear Mountain.



In July, nothing on the calendar.



In August, we have Rocky Mountain Women’s DGC (first
weekend.) Purple Park is definitely secured as our headline course! And, we
will have the caddy round and some flex start C-Tiers. Caddy packs are
available and will be sweet. If anyone knows folks that might want to caddy,
please have them sign up on Disc Golf Scene. We will need more caddies and it
costs $30. 



303 Open: Just a little chat.



Feedback: not having anywhere to practice or putt before 8
AM on the first day. The putting basket was put out at Hole 1. Andrea heard
this feedback from the women who were touring pros. On the flip side, the
female pros did say they liked the flow of the course. Gatekeeper coverage for
the Men and not the women was another point of contention.



Course Updates:



Exposition Park has some new trees being planted. Brandon
Nelon touched base with the City of Aurora to put some protection around the
trees to keep them safe from discs & beavers.



Centre Hills is looking great.



John Bird is still working on Project 7 at Bird’s Nest.



New Business:



Adam White let us know that NextGen is running a promo for
events. $50 for an extra player’s pack that’s sent to their house and you get
to pick the items online. They are working with all the disc companies: Innova,
Discmania, DD, etc.



Ray gave some closing remarks: At this time, we are
continuing and encouraging the activity that is going on in Colorado. Happy
with where we are and what we are doing.



We will be exchanging emails to approve our notes and
financials. Ray asks that we reply as soon as possible to keep the items
flowing.



Ray motioned to adjourn at 7:28 PM.



Adjourned at 7:28 PM.